Material Supports from CASA
While it is not part of the core mission of CASA, providing for the material needs of the children we serve supports them in 4 mission supporting ways.
- Easing the disruptions caused by detention and moving
- Toy Closet– to replace lost toys and favorite items
- Blue Bags and Quilts for children who have been recently assigned or detained. Available at CASA offices.
- Emergency and Urgent needs
- Kids Fund– Money for clothes and other necessities for newly placed or displaced children or critical supplies that will not come in a timely manner (glasses, school equipment and supplies etc)
- Provide for “normalcy”
- Kids Fund-Money to help pay dues, activity fees, lessons and equipment to support extra curricular activities
- CASA Christmas Store- Christmas Gifts for people important to the children (open at CASA offices the week after the Christmas Party)
- Christmas Gifts- Provided by donors at Christmas time. We will ask for information to help the donors shop for the kids.
- Birthday Gifts
- Rapport building
- Activity Chest- Crafts and board games for the CASA and their child to take and use. Available at CASA offices.
- Children’s Activities Committees- Free events and community activities to provide opportunities for rapport building between CASA’s and their child
- Toy Closet- An opening gift for the child to “break the ice”